Tuesday, 5 December 2006

What is this Blog about?

OK, the first post was stupid. I just needed one under my belt before I could get down to what this blog is really about. This entire purpose of this blog is to set down how I am dealing with my new relationship with GOD. I love him, he is great, we hang out and chat about love, life, girls, bad movies we have seen (believe me, he seen them all) and although I disagree with him on some of the minor things, like, “sandals are cool”, we get on really really well.

The other week I was having one of our little chats and he said, “Look dude, I’m going to have to do something. You ain’t going to like it one bit, but God has to do what God has to do, right?” So I was like “Yeah, fire away man, we’re friends?” What could the dude that has done nothing wrong, ever! Do to upset me?

Well a lot actually,

He went away, I was sat up in bed just reading a book and he came back, but this time with files and files of paper, huge binders and index’s. I said “You’re not becoming an accountant are you? That would suck. My street cred, or what ever I have left of it would be gone. My god would be devoid of personality!” He said “Hold up dude, stop skipping ahead, I created accountants don’t ever think I’m going to become one!”

He handed me the first pad, it was kinda thin and was constructed with hand made paper, it had my name on it. He said “These are all the beautiful things you have done in your life,” There where pictures and newspaper cuttings all perfectly aligned, notes and doodles, my favourite jokes from when I was five. “I said did you do this for me?” I was embarrassed, no one had really taken that much time to know me, or at least do something half as nice as that. I flicked through the pages and I was taken back to a place where things where so much easier, it was awesome. He said “You see, you have an amazing ability to please people, you are doing OK kid”. He handed me the next one “You’re not going to like this one quite so much” I opened the pages of this book to find ever insult and malicious remark people have made about me, every face of every bully that every hurt me, every scolding remark my parents said to me, a note of every place I had been hit, bruised or assaulted.

“I thought I had forgotten all that” I said weeping into my pillow, “You can again, don’t worry, now think how I feel, I never forget your pain, I never forget the people who hurt you. It pains me everyday.” I milked it a little longer, and plus my pillow smelt good, don’t ask why.

“Now this is the one you’re really going to hate” It was a mammoth publication, I opened the book, and there it was, my whole life, everyday I had spent without god, 22 years alone, fumbling blindly. Every word I had said in anger, every thought dedicated to sin, every swear word, every moment of anger and hatred noted on a second to second account. I could see how my actions then had hurt people, worst of all the people I loved. I was inconsolable; he just sat and held me as I wept. When I was almost done he turned to me and said “I’m writing a new book” by this time I was covered in snot and tears and looked a state, “Its about your life from now on, its everyday you are going to spend in my love”, “even the snot, tears and boogers?” I asked. “That’s how it starts dude”

1 comment:

Ellie said...

dude, this brought me to tears! you never cease to amaze me! you most definitely rock! i look forward to looking over this new book that you and God are writing! i love you guys and i'm so glad God brought you into my life!!!!