Sorry babeI would have posted this yesterday if it wasn't for my router playing up, stupid technology!
I have been having a rough week; I have been needed by anyone and everyone, from little tiny problems to massive big ones. And following on from the week I had where I found out how terrible I can be as a person, I wasn’t very thankful to the big guy. Talk about being overwhelmed! I Prayed and asked for guidance and most of all strength, which at times where forthcoming, other times I was sure he just wanted me to run on my own steam. But all the problems where resolved or are now better and it feels great knowing I had helped in its facilitation, but by Saturday, I was drained, emotional and grumpy, I couldn’t see how I would be much use to God in this state.
I hooked up with one of my best pals on Sunday to head to church and low and behold the sermon was about my whole week, it was about the Paradigm of the Christian faith.
You must be counter active against social norms to get where you want to go, it sounds crazy, but it actually works!
If you want to lead you must learn how to follow,
If you want to be free you must be a slave to god,
If you want to live you must die,
Let me explain, the sermon was about how we as Christians must “die” in three ways everyday to get closer to god.
We must die to ourselves: give up sin and pleasures of the flesh
We must die to our friends: Place people above ourselves to set an example of our faith
(I have to make mention that this is not strictly true, we have to die to others, not just our friends. That observation comes from my awesome friend Ellie, see the comments)
We must die to live: Follow the previous examples to set yourself free.
I reckon last week was a test. I hope I did OK. I suppose I’ll get the marks back when I die.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i've just noticed that i've posted a comment to every post here so far, dont worry i wont pester you all the time, i just wanted to point out he said die to others, not just ur friends, but your boss, your enemies, everyone. :o) dont want it being too easy now do we! ;o) x
Post a Comment